Clinical Testing Personnel
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4489
Business Unit: Almac Diagnostics
Open To: Internal and external applicants may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
The Clinical testing personnel are responsible for specimen processing, test performance and for reporting test results.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Biomedical Science, Biology, Molecular Biology or related life sciences discipline
- Laboratory experience and/or training in molecular biology technologies
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all work undertaken
- Proven ability to organise, plan and prioritise tasks within a high volume varied workload
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- HCPC registration as a Biomedical Scientist (or equivalent)
- Practical experience performing high complexity molecular testing in a regulated clinical testing environment
- Shift pattern – bi-weekly shift rotation 07:00am-03:30pm and 10:00am-06:30pm
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
On site physiotherapist
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Friday 30 November 2018 at 1700 hours