Hours: 40 hours per week
Internal and external applicants
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
The post holder will be responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance as per the Maintenance Management System. They will also be responsible for unplanned maintenance such as breakdowns and completion of general maintenance activities and improvements associated with plant and equipment utilised in GMP operations in Almac Clinical Services (UK and IE)
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
Please note this position is based on evening shift, core hours of shift are 1530 – 2330, Monday to Friday.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in an electrical engineering discipline and time served
- Previous maintenance experience in an Engineering role within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with complex mechanical and or electrical systems
- Experience of troubleshooting and fault finding
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Previous maintenance experience within the food, chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 1700 hours