Business Development Manager, EU
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4475
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Location: Field based
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Business Development team[EB1] , you will be responsible for developing new business opportunities that deliver revenue into the business.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- BSc (or equivalent) qualification
- Previous experience within a Business Development, Client/Account Management or Technical Project Management role within the Pharmaceutical industry. Applicants with significant experience in a manufacturing or analytical role within drug product manufacturing and/or packaging services may also be considered.
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- BSc (or equivalent) qualification in a Life Science related discipline OR BSc (or equivalent) qualification in a Business Management related discipline with significant experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
- MSc or MBA (or equivalent) qualification
- Previous experience of Direct Sales in relation to Drug Product manufacturing, testing and/or packaging services for a Pharmaceutical CDMO.
- Field based or work from home opportunity.
This role requires extensive international travel and coverage beyond normal working hours as required. It is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement of the role.
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
On site physiotherapist
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 26th November 2018 at 17:00 hours