Chemist / Senior Chemist (Isotope Chemistry)
Hours:40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB3998/1
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Internal and External applicants may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Chemistry team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for perform high quality synthetic chemistry for our clients to agreed timelines, with particular focus on stable isotope and 14C radiochemistry projects.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
Please note that we will be recruiting at either the Chemist or Senior Chemist role. Candidates will be assessed against the level of the role that is demonstrated on CVs and we would encourage you to fully demonstrate how you meet the criteria required.
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or other closely related discipline
- Previous experience of the synthesis and analysis of organic molecules using multistep reaction sequences
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Postgraduate Qualification i.e. MSc, PhD or equivalent in Chemistry or other closely related discipline
- Previous industry based experience of the synthesis of stable labelled and/ or 14C labelled materials
- Proven ability to provide technical/ scientific leadership on project work.
- Experience of semi-preparative HPLC purification
- Proficiency in the use of chemical database applications such as Reaxys or Scifinder
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
16th November 2018 at 17.00 hours