Hours: 40 hours per week
Open To: 12 month student placement opportunity
The IS Infrastructure Placement Student will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of infrastructure focused technical solutions within Almac. They will help to ensure that the delivered solutions meet the user requirements and also ensuring high quality solutions in terms of usability, efficiency, reliability, availability, security and scalability.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
**Please note this is a 12 month fixed term student placement opportunity
- Currently studying for a degree in Computer Science or related subject with the successful completion of 2 years.
- Experience or an understanding of basic networking and internet technologies
- Experience or understanding of physical and virtual server environments
- Exposure or an understanding of security related tool and services
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Windows Server deployment and administration
- Experience or an understanding of patching of Windows/Linux servers
- Experience or an understanding of security hardware: firewall, routers, switches
Additional desirable criteria is outlined to the job description and person specification attached to the online job posting.
To find out more and to hear what some of our current placement students have to say, please visit: https://www.almacgroup.com/careers/industrial-placements/
Closing Date: Monday 5 November 2018 at 1700 hours