Analytical Placement Student
Hours: 40 hours per week
Open To: 12 Month Student Placement Opportunity
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for analytical activities associated with drug substances and/or drug products. This may involve method development & validation, release testing and stability testing.
You will gain experience in many analytical techniques which may include HPLC, GC, IC, LC-MS, GC-MS, MS, NMR, FTIR and UV. A formal training program will ensure that the appropriate theoretical understanding and practical competency in the various analytical techniques is achieved. Training in GMP procedures will be provided and you will be responsible for ensuring that all analyses and associated tasks are performed in accordance with Almac Sciences quality policies and procedures.
In addition to the above activities you may be required to carry out an Industrial Placement Project as a requirement of your degree course or alternatively an Almac Analytical Research Project as defined by the Analytical Management Team.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes, grades A-C, in Mathematics and English Language
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Currently studying an Analytical based degree with successful completion of 2 years by the end of this academic year
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- 3 A Levels at grade A-C or equivalent
- Currently studying an Analytical based degree with an overall first year result of ≥60%
- Previous analytical/laboratory experience within industry or educational institution.
To find out more and to hear what some of our current placement students have to say, please visit: https://www.almacgroup.com/careers/industrial-placements/
Please submit your CV, along with A-Level or equivalent and 1st year module results via our online portal, visit www.almacgroup.com/careers select the job reference HRJOB4283 and click apply.