Logistics Services Co-Ordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4414
Business Unit: Clinical Services
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Logistics Services team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be the primary contact for internal and external customers. You will support the relationship between Almac and our Freight Transport partners, to provide a seamless end-to-end service to our customers in the most cost effective and efficient method.
You will provide technical advice and maintain key relationships with internal and external customers, Logistics, and regulatory agencies.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Degree (or equivalent level qualification) OR extensive previous experience in a Clinical customer facing Logistics role may be considered in lieu of academic qualification
- Previous experience within a Clinical customer facing role
- Extensive knowledge in International Logistics, including import/export regulations, controlled drug requirements, customs brokerage, and courier management
- Previous responsibility for prioritisation and allocation of work in accordance with customer requirements
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Degree (or equivalent level qualification) in a Science, Engineering, or Business Management related discipline
- Recognised qualification or previous training within a logistics/transport related discipline
- Knowledge of GMP or GDP
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Previous experience working within a computerised order processing environment
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing date: 29 Oct 2018 at 17.00 hours