Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4389
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our Charnwood site in Loughborough, Leicestershire, you will be responsible for carrying out and monitor the progress of Analytical work to GMP requirements to ensure that project schedules are met and that the work is carried out efficiently and accurately.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component
- Significant experience working in a GMP drug product development environment
- Significant experience of analysing development drug products
- Significant experience of developing/validating methods for development drug products using a variety of analytical techniques including Dissolution, HPLC
- Significant Experience of Stability Testing for drug products including assay/related substances, dissolution analysis.
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- M.Sc./PhD (or equivalent in a Chemistry or Life Science with a significant chemistry component
- Experience in supervising or line managing a team of analysts
- Experience of using Empower chromatography data capture system
- Experience in the use of LC-MS systems
- Experience of GMP raw material testing for API, excipients and packaging components
- Experience of conducting cleaning validations and verifications
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Enhanced maternity pay
Occupational sick pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 19th October 2018 at 17:00 hours