HRM Business Partner
Ref No: HRJOB4237/1
Business Unit: Central Services
Open To: Internal and External Candidates may apply
**Please note this is a re-advertisement, if you have applied for this position within the past 6 months, we will be unable to accept your application at this time**
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years, now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
The Almac Group Human Resources Department is a multi-functional team comprising of human resources management, payroll, human resources development and occupational health. Together, we provide a comprehensive and professional human resources service across our business here in Northern Ireland as well as in ROI, UK and Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Due to growth, we are excited to recruit a new HRM Business Partner to assist with the provision of a proactive, pragmatic, quality HR service within a business partnership framework. Reporting to three HR Managers, the role holder will provide line managers with a full HR support and guidance service, advising on a diverse range of HR issues, as well as get involved with project work to help achieve our overall HR strategic objectives.
It is an exciting time for our company as we continue to grow and this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated HR professional to join a first-class global pharmaceutical company. The Almac Group prides itself on its’ people and this is a great opportunity to become part of the team!
Candidates must demonstrate how they meet the qualifications / experience criteria in either Point A OR Point B:
Point A: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
Proven experience within an HR role, in a high volume HR department, to include:
- Employee Relations
- Absence Management
- Employee Welfare
- Family Friendly Initiatives
- Design and implementation of Policy and Procedures
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Reward and Recognition
Point B: 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including Maths & English,
Significant experience working in an HR department gained within a complex organisation, including employee relations issues as detailed in A above.
Additional essential criteria for all applicants:
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Employment law, processes and procedures relating to employee relations within NI
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Actively undertaking or have achieved Associate Membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (or equivalent) or Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Previous experience of dealing with Trade Union officials
- Previous HR experience gained within a manufacturing environment operating a variety of shift patterns
- Previous experience of delivering training in HR policies, procedures and systems
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Employment law, processes and procedures relating to employee relations within other jurisdictions, e.g. UK, ROI, ROW
(Additional desirable criteria outlined in the person specification attached to the online job posting)
At Almac, we realise that to attract and retain the best, it is not just about salary. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Wednesday 17th October 2018 at 1700 hours
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers