Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: USJOB1481
Business Unit: Diagnostics
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Please note this role will be based in either our Craigavon or Manchester site depending on the successful candidate.
Working as part of the Biostatistics team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will provide statistical support to the Diagnostics group at Almac, focusing on study design, interpretation of results and reproducible reports.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- MSc (or equivalent) in statistics or a related discipline
- Previous professional statistician experience
- Previous experience with Statistical analyses and data manipulation in R statistical software
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD (or equivalent) in statistics or a related fieldPrevious employment as a statistician in the diagnostic industry
- Previous experience with regional regulatory aspects of IVDD product development including CE marking, FDA submission and CLIA/CAP assay validation
- Previous experience in a statistical analysis role involving technical study design and DOE
- Previous experience evaluating analytical study design and analysis, including characterization, verification, and validation studies
- Previous experience in the following areas:
- Statistical Process control
- Bayesian methodologies
- Generating markdown reports in R statistical software
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Westfield health benefit
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
12th October 2018 at 17.00 hours