Distribution Senior Operator Grade 2
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4322
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Distribution team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for carrying out all material handling and inventory control activities required within a computerised warehouse environment.
The post holder will also be responsible for receipt of product, picking, packing & despatch of Sales Orders and inventory counts within Almac Pharma Services distribution facilities ensuring that stock accuracy and stock control is maintained at all times.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes Grade C or above to include English Language and Mathematics OR Significant experience in similar Senior Operator role may be considered in lieu of academic requirements
- Previous experience within a distribution warehouse environment
- Previous experience of operating a computerised inventory system on a day to day basis (Booking in Orders, stock movements)
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- NQF Level 3 Qualification (i.e..- NVQ/BTEC Level 3, City & Guilds, A Level or equivalent)
- Current license for Forklifts (Counterbalance and reach truck)
- Significant Senior operator experience to include supervision of operatives
- Access NI Clearance
- Work pattern – Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:00
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
On site physiotherapist
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 4th October 2018 at 17:00 hours