ICP-MS Analytical Team Leader
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4185
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Internal and external candidates may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for the performance, monitoring and accept accountability for all assigned analytical duties relating to specific chemistry and/or analytical projects. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, operation, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of the ICP-MS and microwave systems within the Analytical Department. These systems include ICP-MS and microwave system from Thermo, Agilent and CEM.
The successful candidate should have an excellent understanding and experience of a wide range of analytical techniques, with an emphasis on ICP-MS, as well as the analytical & regulatory guidelines (ICH, FDA, MHRA etc) that apply to drug development.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an Analytical related discipline
- Experience in developing, validating and implementing ICP-MS analysis.
- Significant analytical experience within industry (i.e. pharmaceuticals/fine chemistry)
- Experience of API and/or drug product analysis in a GMP environment
- Experience in the supervision of an analytical team(s)
- Working knowledge of multiple analytical techniques
- Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory guidelines relevant to drug development
- Working knowledge of COSHH
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
2nd October 2018 at 17.00 hours