Senior Software Developer
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB3891/6
Business Unit: Clinical Technologies
Location: Charnwood, Loughborough
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Senior C# / ASP.NET MVC Developer
We are looking for innovative, passionate people who want to work on software that has a clear and real-world impact. ALMAC are working to help advance human health and streamline how clinical trials are executed for our clients.
What your colleagues at Almac are saying:
• “I am like a doctor but I build software for clinical trials. Our software helps pharma companies advance human health and streamlines the clinical trial process.”
• “One day…one of the drugs that was being tested in the clinical trial system I helped build may be approved, and I can say I had a part in that!”
What to expect:
As a senior Software Developer, you will be developing software that will be used in the clinical trial industry. You may be customising our Interactive Response Technology (IRT) platform, or building a completely new feature for a client just to meet their specific trial design need.
- For each project assignment, you will be collaborating with Design Mangers, Architects, Tech Leads, Developers, Testers & QA to ensure we deliver a high quality solution that is on-time.
- Occasionally you will provide tiered level production support, or work on maintenance assignments as needed for our existing applications.
- Lastly, you really will be helping our clients to advance human health and make a true impact for the greater good!
How will you be doing this?
- Coding with the latest and greatest development tools from the Microsoft tech stack.
- Working with a developer-friendly and mature .NET based service bus technology such as NServiceBus.
- Designing and developing within a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) that is loosely coupled, and adheres to modern design patterns and principles.
- Writing high quality C# / ASP.NET MVC code that has high automated unit test coverage and ensure it adheres to the SOLID principles.
- You will be writing efficient and performant LINQ queries and working within a platform that leverages asynchronous programming via Async and Await.
- You will be exposed to and use advanced C# constructs, functions, and delegates.
Team & Culture
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be a key strength to our growing team. Our development group believes in a team atmosphere, where each individual is willing to help another. Our unique boot camp program for new technical hires is comprised of sessions designed to provide context around clinical trials, what we do within our platform and how, and a taste of what our developers are asked to build in real clinical trial studies. We encourage personal development – our frequent architecture conferences inspire all developers across ALMAC Clinical Technologies to set aside time to learn something new or upcoming.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent level qualification) in Computer Science or a related subject OR extensive relevant practical experience in a similar role may be considered in lieu of academic qualifications
- Extensive demonstrable experience of developing applications utilising Microsoft SQL Server.
- Extensive demonstrable experience of developing applications utilising ASP.net MVC and C#.
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Experience within the clinical technology, life sciences or software industries setting
- Understanding of use of IXRS in Clinical Trials.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 26 Sep 2018 at 17.00 hours