Software Testing Analyst
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4024/2
Business Unit: Clinical Technologies
Location: Charnwood Campus, Loughborough
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Almac are offering some exciting opportunities to join our Clinical Technologies division based in our world class facility at the Charnwood Campus, Loughborough. Almac Clinical Technologies specialise in interactive technology and service solutions to increase the quality and efficiency of the clinical trial process to support millions of patients globally. Our solutions include eClinical Interactive Voice and Web Response Systems (IVRS/IWRS/IXRS®) for patient randomization, tracking and clinical supply management; electronic patient reported outcomes data collection, and Web drug reconciliation.
We provide software design, development and support in the Pharmaceutical Industry and with a client base of more than 600 pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide, our project teams work globally to deliver a level of service that is transforming the face of human healthcare.
Our Software Testing Analysts are responsible for planning, executing and documenting the testing of all study systems (IXRS), including manual and automated testing, and the tracking of errors through to resolution.
Whilst experience in the clinical trials industry would be beneficial it is not essential, and we would welcome applications from anyone with relevant qualifications and experience of software testing in a regulated environment.
This is a great opportunity to join the rapidly growing Loughborough based team and benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or a related subject OR significant relevant previous experience will be considered in lieu of academic qualifications
- Experience of software testing in a highly regulated environment
- Proven record of success in writing and executing manual and automated tests
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal testing methodology and best practices.
- Experience of testing web based and locally deployed client-server projects
- Experience using formal test management tools, e.g. Quality Centre, Test Manager
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject and comparable work experience demonstrating ability
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11 and other FDA regulatory requirements
- Experience using change management tools, e.g. Rational ClearQuest
- Basic familiarity with Object Oriented programming concepts and C#
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL Server) and SQL
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Paid medical appointments
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Occupational sick pay
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 19 Sep 2018 at 17.00 hours